Acne-Killing Clay Mask: This Homemade Solution May Work For You
Acne, as you know, is more than just a passing phase. Acne can leave emotional scars due to embarrassment. And it could also leave acne scars on your face if your problem is severe. Talking to your dermatologist like one from Dermatology Associates about your acne is imperative. But, you can start your treatment at home right now with the following simple, safe and natural acne-killing mask.
Acne is a skin condition that usually affects teenagers hitting puberty. The reason is puberty activates your sebaceous glands, which produces sebum. Sebum is an oil that carries dead cells out through your skin. This occurs because your skin and body changes. The sebaceous glands are also activated around puberty to make your skin glow and look stunning (probably to attract a mate).
Yet, a problem could arise, and you know that problem as acne. Acne occurs when the excess of sebum oil clogs up your pores. The sebum oil will try to push the dead cells away, but they won't be able to move because they are trapped. Dead cells and oil accumulate, creating the infection that you know as acne.
Why Does This Acne-Killing Mask Work
The secret acne-killing ingredient in your mask is bentonite clay. Bentonite clay is a mixture of minerals and energy that you can use to your advantage. Studies have shown that bentonite clay contains molecules that--when activated--can absorb toxins and draw out sebum secretions. Activated clay means that the natural electromagnetic charge that clay has is supercharged, giving it its powerful absorbing abilities.
But, bentonite clay does a little more for your skin due to its high pH value. The natural alkaline nature of bentonite clay also helps activate some of the cells in your skin, which should help regenerate and heal your skin.
Make sure you tell your dermatologist that you are using bentonite clay as one of your acne treatments so that he or she can monitor your skin's reaction.
Recipe For Your Acne-Killing Mask
You'll need the following:
- 1 teaspoon of bentonite clay (you can purchase this online or at your local health food store)
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- A clean plastic spoon and mixing bowl
- Combine the two ingredients and feel the mixture. The blend should be easy to manipulate. Add a little water if the blend seems too hard.
- Spread the mixture evenly on your face.
- Let the mixture sit for 30 minutes to an hour. The bentonite clay will pull tightly on your skin.
- Gently scrub the mask off using a little water and a clean rag.
- Your skin might be a little red because the mask was pulling out toxins, but this redness will quickly dissipate.
- Bentonite clay will make your skin feel very soft, and it will look beautiful.
- You can apply this mask once a week.
As you can see, dealing and preventing acne can be done naturally.